The Communication Initiative (The CI). Thanks for joining this social network and subscribing to The Drum Beat and/or The Soul Beat Africa.
- To make further, rapid Development progress we need to better understand how CHANGE happens.
- A range of presentations at the Social and Behaviour Change Communication Summit held in Addis Ababa, February 2016 outlined different strategic and practice understandings of what drives change.
- A selection of summaries of the insights and ideas shared at that event, can be accessed here. A few are highlighted below. Within each summary there are links to the full presentation and video (where available) – for example, the Kumi Naidoo speech that attracted such debate!
- To help advance our understanding of CHANGE in the Development context, peer debate, dialogue and critique are vital. Can we please ask you to review at least a couple of the presentations below and submit questions and comments in advance that review process.
- We will also be discussing these presentations in this community of people who attended or are interested in the knowledge shared at the Summit. There is a link to join if you are not already a participant in that community.
INSIGHTS, EXPERIENCES AND IDEAS:
From Crosshairs to “La Vie”!
- Community Change Agents: “Doctors” of Malaria Information Mobilizing Communities to Action – presented by Robert Ainslie
- Ending Child Marriage in Ethiopia: Shaping/Redefining Communication for Development Actions Based on Lessons Learned from Global and Ethiopian Evidence – presented by Mariana Muzzi
- New Masculinity and Family Planning: Rural Guatemala – presented by Haydee Lemus
Thanks and best wishes,