We would like to remind you that until the end of September the call for applications for the free online workshop with André Jansson, Karlstad University, Sweden is open.
*Towards development of mediatization research V. Counter-mediatization, digital disconnection and other reverse trends in media use*
organized by the Institute of Social Communication and Media Studies at Maria Curie-Skłodowska University in Lublin, in partnership with Academia Europaea Wroclaw Knowledge Hub
We invite all researchers who wish to discuss their research projects in a narrow and closed group of media scholars under the guidance of an expert. The aim of this year’s edition is to answer questions like:
* What are the causes and effects of the retreat from media
technologies and mediated processes?
* How conscious media management, containment, contestation, negation
* How the media environment is being desaturated and what off-the-grid
life is about?
* How private, professional, social and public life is being demediated?
* What digital disconnection is and what it entails?
* How fashions, trends and tendencies such as digital detox, etc. are
changing everyday media practice, as well as various aspects of
private and social life?
* How are various forms of counter-mediatization related to the
production of space and place?
* How are different disconnection strategies related to social power
* How the theory of mediatization can develop in the context of the
reverse trends in media use?
The idea and format of the meeting is based on a closed specialization
workshop in a formula proven in the previous editions, i.e.:
* participants work on different types of materials (articles, works
in progress, proposals, theses, reports, drafts etc.) under the
guidance of the edition leader;
* meeting is preceded by substantive preparation by the leader and all
participants on the basis of materials circulated among all
participants in advance;
* during the meeting all participants focus on group discussion and
expert feedback (presentations and speeches are limited to a minimum);
* seminar is preceded by an introductory lecture by the leader.
**There is no conference fee.*
* 30.09.21 – submissions of proposals (please use the form available
on the webpage: https://tiny.pl/r33v6 ; other
submission will not be accepted)
* 10.10.21 – notification of acceptance of proposals
* 10.11.21- submission of materials for discussion (only pdf format
* 11.11-9.12.21 – preparation for the workshop by the leader and all
* 10.12.21 – closed online workshop (roughly from 9-11 am to 4-7 pm EST, on Google Meets)
Any substantive questions about the workshop can be answered by
Katarzyna Kopecka-Piech, Maria Curie-Skłodowska University in Lublin,
via email: email@example.com
For technical and organisational matters, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org