UCLouvain invites applications for a tenure-track or tenured full-time position in Information and Communication
UCLouvain is a comprehensive university offering, in the context of the present position, the opportunity of cross-disciplinary research and teaching collaborations. Within the Social sciences and humanities sector, the position is attached to the Faculty of Economic, Social and Political Sciences and Communication and to the Institute of Language and Communication that offer opportunities for diverse and stimulating teaching as well as an environment to carry out ambitious research. The Louvain-la-Neuve site offers a unique living environment conveniently located at the heart of Europe.
The successful candidate will have teaching assignments in the field of organizational communication and global communication. He or she should be able to intervene in the following teaching areas:
Theories of organizational and strategic Information and communication (companies, non-profit organizations, NGOs, institutions, cultural industries, etc.)
International communication strategies
Strategic planning and branding strategies
Advertising formats (e.g. storytelling), including on the web
The successful candidate will be based on the campus of Louvain-la-Neuve but he or she may also have teaching assignments on the campus of Mons.
The successful candidate will develop and drive a cutting-edge research program in communication studies looking at formats and strategies of communication for profit and non-profit organizations in an international context.
He or she will firstly contribute to The Communication Systems Analysis Laboratory of Organizations research program (https://lasco.comu.ucl.ac.be), within the Langage & Communication Institute.
The successful candidate will also participate in the transversal research dynamics around the Media innovation and intelligibility Lab platform (MiiL), as well as other research groups in the Communication Research Pole.
– Be responsible for teaching courses at all study levels (i.e. undergraduate and postgraduate), as well as in programmes of continuing education;
– Supervise the final diploma research (i.e. theses) of undergraduate and graduate students, as well as PhD theses;
– Be involved in (and/or supervise, promote) research programmes;
– Be available to carry out, in the long term, different service activities and take on responsibilities within the University and its entities;
– Contribute to the international visibility of the University through teaching and research excellence;
– Contribute to activities of the University with a societal impact in the fields of the economy, socio-cultural changes or cooperation with developing countries.
Required Qualifications : the applicant must have
– A PhD degree in Communication sciences or any comparable discipline;
– Either studied abroad for an extensive period or have had substantial experience outside his or her university of origin;
– A significant scientific record with international publications;
– Experience in and the aptitude for teaching at university level, demonstrated if possible by formal assessments;
– The capacity to work within a team of teachers and to integrate research findings into teaching;
– Creativity and must be open to teaching innovation and interdisciplinarity;
– The capacities required to undertake high-level academic research: capacity to raise research funds, to supervise projects, to animate and lead a research team;
– Team management and communication skills, including if possible fluency in French and English, spoken and written. Otherwise, the applicant will be asked to acquire them within two years after taking office, in order to be able to communicate and teach in these languages. Knowledge of other languages is an additional asset.
Knowledge of different qualitative and/or quantitative methods research is required.
The level of recruitment (appointment to the rank of lecturer or professor) will be discussed if a proposal is made to you, in connection with your previous academic experience. For more information, see: jobs.uclouvain.be.
Our HR policy supports equal opportunities and diversity including in the academic career. Attention is also paid to reconciliation of private life and professional life.
Application deadline: Monday, November 16, 2020 at noon
Starting date: 1st September, 2021
Further information :
Prof. Olivier Servais, Dean ESPO – email@example.com
Prof. Fanny Meunier, President ILC – firstname.lastname@example.org
Localization: Social sciences and humanities sector
Faculty of Economic, Social and Political Sciences and Communication (ESPO) (https://uclouvain.be/en/faculties/espo)
Institute for Language and Communication (ILC) (https://uclouvain.be/fr/instituts-recherche/ilc)