We are glad to announce that the Institute of European Studies in Belgrade has established a new academic journal – Serbian Review of European Studies (SRES). SRES covers a wide range of topics that will contribute to a deeper understanding of the European integration process. The goal of SRES is to promote debate and provide a venue for empirical and theoretical analysis on European integration.
We welcome submissions from a variety of disciplinary or multidisciplinary perspectives, ranging from political science, law, sociology, media studies, to public administration, political economy and cultural studies. The journal is published three times per year in Serbian and English languages. It is open for quality articles in the following categories: original/research and review papers, book reviews, critiques and notes of scientific interest.
Our first issue will address various aspects of European integration. We invite new empirical and theoretical research that considers the democratic legitimacy of the integration process; the dynamic nature of the European Union; the evolution, functioning, and impacts of the EU institutions and policies; the EU’s role as a global actor; the media, politics and the democratic process in contemporary Europe, and other topics.
Papers are invited on any of the following themes:
– European integration in times of crisis;
– The current problems related to the fundamental rights, the rule of law and democracy in the European Union;
– Freedom of expression and media pluralism in contemporary Europe;
– The impact of new and legacy media on the formation of political membership;
– Digital transformation in the European Union (towards a digital European integration?);
– Narratives of European integration;
– Public policies of the European Union (i.e., economic and monetary union, or foreign and security policy);
– Important aspects of organizing and functioning of the European Union (EU’s political and legal system);
– Current changes in the processes of European integration;
– Historical and current transition processes in Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe;
– European integration and globalization;
– Issues of regional development and cultural identities.
The deadline for submissions is June 15th 2022.
All contributions will undergo double blind peer-review before being accepted for publication. The publication process is free of charge for the authors.
Dr. Irina Milutinović
Institute of European Studies Belgrade