The Journalism Research and Education Section of the International Association for Media and Communication Research -IAMCR- invites IAMCR members to a webinar/book launch where authors and editors will present their works on different areas of journalism from all corners of the world. Participants can join the discussion, interacting with the authors and editors, and using the event as an opportunity for collective celebration.
The webinar will take place 30 April @ 12h00 UTC. Pre-registration by 28 April is required.
Books being presented:
- The Communication Manifesto – Silvio Waisbord
- Critical Incidents in Journalism: Pivotal Moments Reshaping Journalism around the World – Edson Tandoc, Joy Jenkins, Rayan Thomas & Oscar Westlund (Editors)
- What is Digital Journalism Studies? – Steen Steensen & Oscar Westlund
- African Language Media: Development, Economics and Management – Abiodun Salawu (Editor)
- Foreign Aid and Journalism in the Global South: A Mouthpiece for Truth – Jairo Lugo-Ocando
- Data Journalism in the Global South – Bruce Mutsvairo, Saba Bebwai & Eddy Borges-Rey (Editors)
- Journalist Safety and Self-Censorship – Anna Grohndal, Ingrid Fadnes & Roy Krovel (Editors)
- Discrimination, Gender Disparity and Safety Risks in Journalism – Sadia Jamil, Baris Coban, Bora Aatman & Gifty Appiah-Adjei (Editors)
- Ethnic journalism in the Global South – Anna Gladkova & Sadia Jamil (Editors)