Call for Abstracts
Doctoral Congress in Mass Communication 2021 (DoCoMaCo 2021)
10-11 April 2021, Online
The DoCoMaCo 2021 invites abstracts from the early stage and advanced stage doctoral scholars. It is an excellent platform for doctoral scholars (regular/part-time) to present their research work, share their ideas, receive feedback, exchange comments, create a research network and discuss the research directions in an inspiring academic forum. The fellow scholars working on the various themes of media and communication are encouraged to apply for the DoCoMaCo 2021.
Objective of the DoCoMaCo 2021
• To offer a platform for scholars in sharing their research ideas/concepts/theory/findings in the field of media and communication.
• To provide an opportunity to meet domain experts and get guidance/feedback for improvement.
• To help scholars to create a network with their peers from other institutions of India and abroad.
The doctoral scholars working on below themes are encouraged to apply for the DoCoMaCo 2021.
• Advertising, Marketing and Communication
• Community Media and Radio
• Development Communication-Health and Environment
• Digital Media and Communication Environment
• Film and Audio-Visual Studies
• Journalism Studies and Ethics
• Management and Communication
• Media and Gender
• Media and Marginalization
• Media and Well-being
• Media Audience and Effects
• Media, Culture and Diversity
• Media, Religion and Society
• Political Communication
• Press, Freedom and Democracy
• Public Relation and Corporate Communication
• Regional Language Media
• Social Media, Culture and Consumption
Registration, Abstract Submission and Dates
Advanced stage doctoral scholars from communication and social sciences are requested to submit their extended abstract (1000-1500 word). The key elements must be included in the extended abstract such as research problem, theoretical foundation or conceptual framework, research question(s), methodology and preliminary findings. A statement of purpose (SoP) stating why you would like to participate and which questions the scholar/participant want to see addressed, need to be submitted during registration. Those scholars interested for research paper presentation are requested to register online by providing personal details and upload the extended abstract, SoP and scholar ID card. Early stage scholars are allowed to only participate in the congress. Both advanced and early stage doctoral scholars can register online by providing personal details, SoP and scholar ID card. The deadline for the registration is 14th March 2021. The registration link is available here: https://forms.gle/cSFjCsSYvCKFzucbA
• Last date of registration and submission of extended abstract: 14 March 2021 (no registrtion fee)
• Intimation on acceptance of the abstract: 22 March 2021
• Last date for submission of full paper: 5 April 2021
• Last date for submission of presentation slides: 8 April 2021
• Date of congress: 10-11 April 2021
Full-Length Paper Submission Guidelines
Cover page – Each full length paper should have a cover page which includes title of the paper, abstract (not more than 200 words), author names and affiliations with full postal addresses, email address, mobile number and supervisor/guides name and affiliation. Full length paper may be sent by e-mail to the congress co-convener and coordinator Dr. Jyoti Ranjan Sahoo at <mailto:email@example.com> on or before 5 April 2021.
Structure of the paper
Introduction followed by literature review, research gaps, objectives, hypothesis, methodology, interpretation of results, conclusion and policy implications.
Font – Times New Roman, Size-12, Space-1.5, Word limit- 6000 to 8000 words.
References – APA 7th Edition style guide available at:
List all the references in alphabetical order at the end of the paper. All references must be single spaced and must be distinguished by hanging indents.
A few selected good research papers shall be sent for publication to either a Scopus indexed, or UGC-CARE approved journal.
• Prof. Dr. Daya Thussu, Professor of International Communication, Department of Journalism, School of Communication, Hong Kong Baptist University, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong, China.
• Prof. Dr. Sundeep R. Muppidi, Professor of Communication, Special Assistant Provost for Strategic Initiatives, University of Hartford, West Hartford, CT, USA.
• Prof. Dr. Biswajit Das, Professor and Founding Director of Centre for Culture, Media & Governance, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, India.
• Prof. Dr. Gopalan Ravindran (Retd.), Former Professor & Dean, Department of Mass Communication, University of Madras, Chennai, India.
• Prof. Dr. Sunil Kanta Behera, Professor of Eminence, Tezpur Central University, Assam, India.
• Prof. Dr. Mrinal Chatterjee, Professor & Regional Director, Indian Institute of Mass Communication-Denkanal Campus, Odisha, India.
• Prof. Dr. Gita Bamezai, Former Professor (Retd), Department of Communication Research, Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC), New Delhi, India.
• Dr. S. Arulchelvan, Associate Professor & Dean (University College of Villupuram), Department of Media Science, Anna University, Chennai, India.
• Dr. Ankuaran Dutta, Associate Professor and the Head, Department of Communication and Journalism, Gauhati University, Assam, India.
• Dr. Smeeta Mishra, Associate Professor, Strategy and General Management, Xavier Institute of Management, Xavier University, Bhubaneswar, India.
For submission guidelines, registration and other details, see here https://xub.edu.in/event/doctoral-congress-in-mass-communication-2021/.
Organisers and Contact
The doctoral congress is organized by School of Communications, Xavier University, Bhubaneswar, India. All queries can be addressed to the co-convener and coordinator of DoCoMaCo2021, Dr Jyoti Ranjan Sahoo, E-mail id: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
Text for posting (short)
Call for Abstracts
The School of Communications, Xavier University, Bhubaneswar is organizing the DOCTORAL CONGRESS IN MASS COMMUNICATION 2021 (DoCoMaCo 2021) through online mode on 10-11, April 2021. It is an excellent platform for doctoral scholars (regular/part-time) to present their research work, share their ideas, receive feedback, exchange comments, creating a research network and discuss the research directions in an inspiring academic forum. The doctoral scholars working on the various themes of media and communication are encouraged to apply for the DoCoMaCo 2021. The deadline for the free registration and extended abstract (1000-1500) is 14th March 2021. The registration link is available here: https://forms.gle/cSFjCsSYvCKFzucbA. To know more about the extended abstract and full length paper submission guidelines and other details, kindly click here: https://xub.edu.in/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/DoCoMaCo-2021-Brochure.pdf.