We are pleased to inform you that we have received a significant number of registrations, but also several requests to extend the deadline for sending proposals, so we have extended until 15 February 2021 (deadline not to be postponed) the deadline for sending abstracts to participate in the 27th International Congress of the SEP, organized by the Spanish Society of Journalism (SEP) and the Faculty of Communication of the University of Seville on 27 and 28 May 2021 in virtual format.
This year’s edition is entitled «Digital transformation. Challenges and expectations for journalism» and will be attended by international professionals of the stature of Charo Henríquez, head of Newsroom Development and Support at The New York Times, and Alfred Hermida, academic at the University of British Columbia and one of the founders of BBCNews.com. Also participating will be renowned Spanish professionals such as Pepe Cerezo, professor at the Carlos III University of Madrid and director of Evoca Media; Noemí Ramírez, general director of Product and Clients at PRISA; Javier Martínez, director of Digital Strategy at La Vanguardia, and José Ignacio Álvarez Ortiz, director of the applications business area at Oracle Ibérica.
SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
Abstracts with proposals for papers can be sent through the form available on the Congress website: www.sepsevilla2021.com. These are the 5 main thematic areas:
1. Evolution and adaptation of the journalistic profession to the new challenges.
2. Innovation of new business models and entrepreneurial niches.
3. Active audiences and distribution strategies.
4. Recent trends in content production and new narratives.
5. Teaching and research in journalism post Covid-19.
Accepted abstracts will form part of the digital book of abstracts with the seal of the Editorial of the University of Seville. Papers defended at the conference, after peer review, will be eligible for one of the following publication options:
– Textual & Visual Media Journal.
– Ámbitos. International Journal of Communication.
– IROCAMM Journal.
– Anàlisi Journal. Quaderns de comunicació i cultura. (Q2)
– Digital book chapter published by Gedisa (Ranking SPI-Comunicación- 2nd place) and SEP.
– Digital book chapter published under the seal of the Editorial de la Universidad de Sevilla.
Registration for the Congress closes on 3 May 2021. Those who register before or including 15 March 2021 can benefit from a reduced rate. Further information is available on the Congress website.
- 3 December 2020: Call for papers and opening of registration.
- 15 February 2021: Deadline for submission of abstracts.
- 2 to 8 March 2021: Notification of acceptance of proposals.
- 15 March 2021: Deadline for reduced registration.
- 12 April 2021: Deadline for sending the video presentation of accepted papers.
- 24 May 2021: Publication of the Book of Abstracts on the conference website.
- 3 May 2021: Deadline for registration.
- 27 and 28 May 2021: Presentation of papers and holding of the Congress.
- 21 June 2021: Deadline for submission of articles to the following journals: IROCAMM, Anàlisi. Quaderns de comunicació i cultura (Q2) and for the book published by Gedisa and SEP (2022), according to the selected publication option.
- 1 to 15 September: Notification of evaluation and acceptance of chapters for the book edited by Gedisa and SEP.
*Those papers that are accepted after peer review and that are not selected in the previous options, will be published as book chapters with the seal of the Editorial of the University of Seville.
- 31 December 2021: Deadline for submission to Ámbitos. International Journal of Communication.
- Open date: for submission of papers to the journal: Textual & Visual Media.
Receive a cordial greeting,
President of the 27th International Congress of the SEP