[New Deadline] Call for Book Chapters
Routledge Handbook of Non-Profit Communication
Gisela Gonçalves (University of Beira Interior, Portugal) and Evandro Oliveira (University of Beira Interior, Portugal/ University of Mannheim, Germany)
Submission of Abstracts: 15 February 202131 January 2021
Submission of Full Papers: 01 May 2021
The interest in civil society organizations present in multiple disciplines, such as sociology, political sciences, management, international law or marketing, is accompanied by different technical, hermeneutical and critical approaches. However, there is no book that can provide an overview of the multiple and complex approaches in the non-profit field at micro, meso and macro level. This handbook brings together multiple and multi-disciplinary perspectives and provides an outline throughout critical, structural, and strategic approaches, besides debating the new challenges, case studies and recent trends on this social and communicational phenomenon.
The Routledge Handbook of Non-Profit Communication (NPC) aim is to set out a comprehensive review of research in the NPO communication field. We welcome chapters focused on the following topics:
- Metatheoretical and multidisciplinary approaches to the non-profit sector
- Intersection of the definitions of democracy, public sphere, civil society
- Distinctive forms of civil society organizations and their models of reputation, marketing and communication management.
- NPOs’ strategic communication and on the relation between these organizations and their stakeholders and publics.
- Environmental communication
- Health Communication
- Humanitarian Communication
- Development Communication
- New media challenges
- Campaigns, case studies.
We invite submissions before 15.02.2021 to email@example.com consisting of an extended abstract of 1000 to 1500 words clearly explaining the mission and concerns of his/ her proposed chapter. Authors will be notified by 20 of February about their status.
Full chapters are expected to be submitted by the beginning of May.
This publication is anticipated to be released in 2022, by Routledge Publisher.
Gisela Gonçalves (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Evandro Oliveira (email@example.com)