CALL FOR PAPERS
The 8th International Congress of Audiovisual Researchers will be held at Lusófona University, Lisbon, from 23 to 25 June 2021. The main goal of this international congress is to develop understanding of the paradigm shift set in motion by Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) and the production of Digital Contents.
For the 2021 edition, the theme will be “Audiovisual and Creative Industries – Present and Future”. Alongside recognizing the importance of thinking and debating the challenges the audiovisual industry is facing today, mainly in the broader context of the creative industries, we also aim to promote the construction and consolidation of links between different sectors in the creative industries.
Since 1997, this congress has brought together researchers, academics, professionals and students of Audiovisual Communication, aiming to reflect on and discuss the audiovisual sector from a holistic standpoint. Past editions took place in Salamanca (1997, 1998), Madrid (1999, 2015, 2017), Huesca (2011) and Santander (2019).
Deadline for abstract proposals: March 1, 2021
Public notification of results: March 16, 2021
Deadline for submission of draft of full texts (conference proceedings): April 16, 2021
Proofreading by scientific committee: April 30, 2021
Deadline for submission of revised full texts (conference proceedings): May 7, 2021
Pre-congress: June 23, 2021*
Congress: June 24 & 25, 2021
* the pre-congress is intended for presentation of workshops and thematic round tables that are submitted as proposals, with a maximum duration of 6 hours. The proposals for workshops and round tables will also be pending evaluation. The proposals we must detail the objectives, description of the work, necessary materials/ equipments, maximum of participants.
1. Digital content
3. Cultural industries
4. Literacy and communication training
5. Digital marketing and communication strategies
6. Audio experiences
For more information, please visit: https://congressoaudiovisual.ulusofona.pt/
Proposals will be subject to peer review. The conference proceedings will be published by McGraw Hill Education. The best proposals accepted will be considered for special issues in the follwowing journals:
– International Journal of Film and Media Arts: https://revistas.ulusofona.pt/index.php/ijfma/
– International Journal on Stereo & Immersive Media:
– David Hesmondhalgh, Professor – University of Leeds
– Lyndsay Duthie, Chief Executive Officer – The Production Guild of Great Britain
– Miguel Ángel Vivas, Realizador e Guionista “Extinction”, “Tu Hijo”, “La Casa de Papel”.
President: José Bragança de Miranda
Director: Célia Quico
Co-director: Javier Sierra Sánchez
Coordinators: Luís Cláudio Ribeiro, Manuel José Damásio, José Gomes Pinto
Academic Secretary: Jorge Bruno
For more information visit: https://congressoaudiovisual.ulusofona.pt/
For questions and inquiries, please contact: email@example.com
Host Institution: Universidade Lusófona, Campo Grande 376, Lisbon – PORTUGAL